Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Doll's Afghan

These granny squares have been an orphan project for soooo long. I couldn't decide how to join them up. I looked online and found about four different ways-at least-of joining granny squares and I tried each and was not happy. Especially about ripping each method back out!
I liked the idea of joining them with a crochet stitch but it ethier left a bumpy ridge or it skewed the squares and ended up looking crooked.
So, I mattress-stitched them together. :-)
The final size is 15 1/2" X 18 1/2", made of Palette Yarn from KnitPicks, C-hook. 
Meg helped me with the border. The red is just two times around, but the blue border is one normal row and one edging row. The pattern is on Meg's blog, right HERE. The result looks like ric-rac to me! :-)

No comments: