Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pink and Refreshing


Lemonade is one of my very favorite summertime/anytime drink. Um-yum! I found a great idea for making and drinking it here on Wee Folk Art, a really cool site for felt projects galore. I changed the recipe slightly, so here is my version......


Garden Lemonade
1 quart mason jar with lid.
Fill the jar 1/3 of the way up with ice cubes.
Add the juice of one lemon, the squeezed lemon cut-up into pieces, 3 Tablespoons of sugar, and a splash of grape juice (for pink lemonade).
(I like to add back in the pulp from the squeezing process and remember to roll the lemon around on the counter before cutting to squeeze to release more juice--at least I think that's what it does)
Finally, fill the jar up with cold water and shake.
Take to the garden or anywhere.

This is extremely yummy and refreshing.

No comments: