Thursday, September 17, 2009

Autumn has begun

The dogwood leaves are changing and I am loving the cooler weather. The house was cold for most of the morning but I couldn't bring myself to shut the windows. So I snuggled up with our dog giz under a blanket and finished the latest Dan Brown novel "The Lost Symbol". I don't read as fast as I used to, it took me forever it seems like to finish it. After I finished it I took a walk in the little bit of woods behind the house. It was sunny and peaceful, the breeze blowing thru the trees and a few birds darting about. I brought a folding chair down with me to the back of the property and sat listening to the horses and cows in the pastures on the other side of the fence.

I love this season and have been all enthused with ideas for stew and muffins. I am making a little progress on the Alan Dart Gnomes, although Dan Brown's book got all my attention the last couple of days. :-)

2 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Wow, you have a lot more color changes going on at your place than we do here in Pennsylvania!!! Isn't the cool weather great! Have fun this weekend :)

Sarah said...

Only the Dogwoods in our yard have turned so far. :-)