Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Three Sisters Quilt

I started working on this small quilt sometime last year. I have pulled it out to work on in the evenings and some of the quiet mornings that I have been enjoying lately. I had a heck of a time finding the red/white gingham that I wanted in a border. I had not noticed that gingham is now mostly polyester-ick, printed on one side of the fabric instead of woven and all the various sizes are not available. I say we bring back all-cotton woven gingham in lots of colors and while we are at it we can bring back dotted swiss (as seen in the apron above). :-) By the way, I am extremely happy with all the other fabric with dots that is available now--stocking up for when it is no longer in vogue.
Take Care.

2 comments:

Patty said...

After seeing this post and the ne above it, I really want to see the entire quilt now. I love the fabrics you used.

Patty said...

Oops! That should be "the ONE above it..."