Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dream Playhouse


This is a really cool playhouse that I saw at a local festival a week ago. I love the "stone" edging and the window boxes, the Dutch door and the eyebrow window in the shingled roof. Enlarge it just a wee bit and I would live there full time! Wouldn't this be fun to put in a backyard and plant flowers all around it.
This playhouse makes me think of one of my all time favorite books, "Mandy" by Julie Edwards (Julie Andrews/Mary Poppins). I still return to the book now and then and enjoy reading it aloud to Em. It is the loveliest story of an orphan girl who finds a little cottage in the woods and makes it her own. She clears weeds and plants nasturtium, dusts the shell room in the cottage and enjoys a picnic in her very own "house".

No comments: