Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dreaming of Spring and warmth......

As the snowflakes tumble down outside my window, the snowdrops are blooming in Switzerland and at this moment I wish we could switch places. February always gets me in its grip and right now I am completely under the weather with the flu and dreaming of warm temperatures. This picture from a Czech children's book reminds me of the warm, yummy bread my mom bakes--it seemed like everyday when she had three of us kids at home still and the toasty little black wood stove with its deep, penetrating heat. I would love to be sitting near it today when I have no energy for anything but blinking. After much rest and recupe, I'll be back...... /:-}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, so sorry to hear you've been ill, do hope you're feeling better? I love the illustration and the memories it evokes for you and hope you managed to find your own cosy and warm place at home. Love Jackie Mx