Thursday, October 25, 2007

Leaves and Acorns


These are some playing cards from the Czech Republic. Have no idea what game is played with the deck but the graphics are hard to resist. Besides the leaves and acorns there are hearts and balls to round out the suits. Some of the pictures are of common fairy tales like little red riding hood or of princes and princesses but I don't know the rest. Does anyone know common Czech fairy tales?

Hope your Thursday is going well, ours has been filled with the regular, school, chores, errands, etc. but the sun is out and the air is cool--yes, I'm enjoying my snuggly turtleneck. I made a chicken crockpot dinner. It is topped off with stuffing. I've made something very similar in the oven but this way I don't have to think about it--I am usually faced with no ideas for dinner at 5:30--I don't plan very well.

The original recipe is from the Busy Woman's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Sharon & Gene McFall. (page 142-Play 'n Eat Chicken Dinner) I fiddled with it a little bit for what I had on hand.


4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
couple of squirts of Italian salad dressing
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 cup milk
6 oz. stuffing mix (I used Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing)
1 2/3 cups hot water

In the crockpot, place chicken and squirt Italian dressing over it. In a small bowl stir up soup and milk and pour over chicken. Combine stuffing with hot water and butter. Place on top of soup-covered chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Thank you Charlene for your comment! :-)

No comments: