Monday, August 6, 2007

D is for.......


Dolls--Love them, always have, I remember playing with my mom's old dolls at grandma's house. My great-grandmother had made lots of handmade clothes for the dolls, coats of wool, dresses of slippery fabrics trimmed in lace. Now, I have a special affinity for handmade and folk dolls. This picture has three dolls that I have made and one I found on my recent vacation. Top Row--The wooden peg doll is a small mannequin's model I found at WalMart which I painted up, but haven't dressed . The felt nesting doll is from the free pattern from Hillary Lang at WeeWonderfuls. Bottom row--the felt pixie, I found at a cute shop, Yankee Clipper Trading Co., in Frankfort, MI and the "Shrekish" flat doll I made last summer with Sharpie markers on heavy muslin. The unseen reverse is drawn as well.

No comments: